Now that Christmas has come and gone, is your brain a bit overloaded? To help you clear the cobwebs and start thinking again, today’s blog is all about making connections. Once you have answered all the questions, check out the answers at the end of the blog.
Part I. Try to guess which star was on each of the following shows. For example, if I said Bachelor Father, To Rome with Love, Dynasty, Charlie’s Angels – the answer would be John Forsythe.
- Easy – One Man’s Family, Mr. Peepers, The Odd Couple, Love Sidney
- Easier – Leave It to Beaver, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Mothers-in-Law, BJ and the Bear
- Harder – The Bob Cummings Show, Petticoat Junction, That Girl, The Partridge Family
- Challenge – Hint: This person only appeared on only one episode of each of these series – I Love Lucy, Bachelor Father, The Andy Griffith Show, George Lopez
Part II. Try to figure out how to get from the first show listed to the second show. Each of the stars above is part of one of the links below. For example, if I said Peter Tong on Bachelor Father to Kyle Chandler on Bloodline, the answer would be Peter Tong on Bachelor Father with John Forsythe who was in Dynasty with Heather Locklear who starred in Spin City with Connie Britton who starred in Friday Night Lights with Kyle Chandler who was in Bloodline.
- Easier– Tony Dow on Leave it to Beaver to Ed O’Neill on Modern Family
- Harder – Wally Cox on Mr. Peepers to Natascha McElhone on Designated Survivor
- Challenge – Bob Cummings on Love That Bob to Eddie Cahill on Conviction
- Most Challenging – Janis Paige on It’s Always Jan to AnnaLynne McCord on The Night Shift
- For a bonus, for each of the four stars in Part I, which two of them were on The Love Boat?
- For extra credit, the two stars not in The Love Boat were in a show with “Love” in the title. What were the other two shows?
- Rosemary Decamp
- Richard Deacon
- Tony Randall
- Barbara Eden
- Tony Dow (Wally) on Leave it to Beaver with Richard Deacon (Fred Rutherford) on The Dick Van Dyke Show (Mel Cooley) with Mary Tyler Moore (Laura Petrie) on The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Mary Richards) with Gavin MacLeod (Murray Slaughter) on The Love Boat (Captain Stubing) with Ted McGinley (Ace Evans) on Married with Children (Jefferson D’Arcy) with Ed O’Neill (Al Bundy) on Modern Family
- Wally Cox on Mr. Peepers (Robinson Peepers) with Tony Randall (Harvey Weskit) on The Odd Couple (Felix Unger) with Penny Marshall (Myrna) on Laverne and Shirley (Laverne DeFazio) with Michael McKean (Lenny) on The X-Files (Morris Fletcher) with David Duchovny (Fox Muldar) on Californication (Hank Moody) with Natascha McElhone (Karen) on Designated Survivor (Alex Kirkman)
- Bob Cummings on Love That Bob (Bob Collins) with Rosemary DeCamp (Margaret MacDonald) on That Girl (Helen Marie) with Ted Bessell (Donald Hollinger) on Good Time Harry (Harry Jenkins) with Marcia Strassman (Carol Younger) on Providence (Meredith) with Melina Kanakaredes (Dr. Sydney Hanson) on CSI: NY (Stella Bonasera) with Eddie Cahill (Don Flack) on Conviction (Conner Wallace)
- Janis Paige (Jan Stewart) on It’s Always Jan with Merry Anders (Val Marlowe) on How to Marry a Millionaire (Mike McCall) with Barbara Eden (Loco Jones) on I Dream of Jeannie (Jeannie) with Bill Daily (Major Roger Healey) on The Bob Newhart Show (Howard Borden) with Marcia Wallace (Carol Kester) on Full House (Mrs. Carruthers) with Lori Loughlin (Rebecca Katsopolis) on 90210 (Debbie Wilson) with AnnaLynne McCord (Naomi Clark) on The Night Shift (Jessica Sanders)
- Rosemary DeCamp and Richard Deacon
- Tony Randall appeared on Love American Style and Barbara Eden was on Loco Love.